Best Winter Activities Near Burlington, ON
There’s plenty to do in the Burlington area, especially when winter comes around! Whether you’re looking for some adventure outdoors, wanting to be a tourist for a day, or needing a way to keep the kids occupied inside, you’ll find some of the best winter activities near Burlington, ON here on this list from Mercedes-Benz of Burlington!
Don’t let snow or low temperatures deter you from heading outside this winter! Often, the best winter activities near Burlington involve getting out in the cold.
- Snowshoeing: At Crawford Lake, there are three different trails and snowshoe rentals available, and the Mountsberg Conservation Area boasts two trails deemed easy and moderate for 14 km total, though you’ll need your own snowshoes here.
- Skiing: There are plenty of excellent skiing opportunities near Burlington. Just 30 minutes from Burlington, in Milton, you’ll find Glen Eden, an ideal spot for skiing, snowboarding, and tubing. Meanwhile, Chicopee Ski Hill features runs for all skill levels.
- Tobogganing: Make your way to Lowville Park for a tobogganing escapade! The hills aren’t too steep for beginners, but still high enough to provide a thrill.
- Ice Skating: A large outdoor skating rink is a main feature at Bronte Creek Park, so lace up your skates and hit the ice!
You don’t have to brave the cold temperatures to take advantage of the best winter activities near Burlington.
- Rock Climbing: Head to Climber’s Rock for climbing walls geared toward all skill levels. Take your pick of the Main Rope Walls, The Alley, Main Boulder, or The Boulder Lab.
- Bowling: Who doesn’t love an afternoon or evening spent at the bowling alley? Choose either Burlington Bowl or Splitsville Entertainment, and get ready for a fun, competitive few hours!
- Play Barn: Also at Bronte Creek Park is a children’s play barn, complete with obstacles, tire swings, and more. The space is covered but not heated, so be sure to bundle up!