How to Change a Flat Tire
Do you know how to change a flat tire? It’s important knowledge to have if you find yourself stuck on the Hamilton roads. The basics involve:
- Making sure you have the correct tools
- Finding a safe spot to administer the tire change
- Following the appropriate steps to install the spare
- Knowing when it’s necessary to call for assistance
5 Steps to Change a Flat Tire
Once you ensure you have the proper tools, including a spare tire, a jack, wheel wedges, and a lug wrench you are ready to go! Make sure you’ve relocated to a safe place like a quiet side street or a parking lot, and then follow these steps to change a flat tire:
- Secure the wheel wedges against the tires on the opposite side of the flat tire.
- Remove the hubcap or wheel cover and loosen the lug nuts.
- Place the jack under your car and expand it until your flat tire is about 6 inches off the ground. At this point, you can unscrew and remove the lug nuts.
- Remove the flat tire, align the spare, and replace the lug nuts, tightening by hand.
- Lower the jack, tighten the lug nuts with the wrench, replace the hubcap, and check the spare tire pressure.
You are ready to go! If you are riding on a doughnut tire, rather than a full spare, be sure to take easy roads until you get home or to a place where you can be serviced.
Schedule Service with Mercedes-Benz Burlington
If you need more help with changing a flat tire or just updated on Mercedes-Benz Service A or Service B, schedule your service with Mercedes-Benz Burlington, where you’ll find various service specials. You can also get tips on how to drive more fuel efficiently, how to clean leather seats, or how to change your key battery, and encounter the Quantum Difference. And, discover how you may be covered by Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance!