How to Prepare Your Emergency Roadside Kit
Even though our Mercedes-Benz models provide roadside assistance, you might want to pack a few things just to be safe. Especially if you’re headed out for a long trip in your Mercedes-Benz Airstream, you’ll want to know what you might need in your emergency roadside kit.
What Should You Pack?
- Snacks and bottled water– No matter where you are, you’ll need to stay hydrated and ready for what comes your way.
- Blankets– If you happen to get stuck at night, the air might get too cool for comfort.
- Phone charger– As long as your car’s battery works, you can charge your phone to get in contact with someone who can help you.
- First aid kit– You never know when you’ll need to care for a wound. It’s always good to be prepared with a full stocked first aid kit
- Sunblock– During the day, if you happen to get stuck on the side of the road, you’ll want to protect yourself from the sun.
- Jumper cables– Having your own jumper cables makes it a lot easier to get a jump, especially if the other person wasn’t prepared.
- Emergency contact information– Ensuring you have access to a towing service or roadside assistance is the first step to getting your vehicle back on the road.
- Extra oil and coolant– On the hotter days, having these on hand will help prevent your engine from overheating.
Learn More with Mercedes-Benz Burlington
Keeping a small bag full of these emergency items guarantees that you will be ready for anything. Contact us today to learn more about Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance, our new Mercedes-Benz vehicles, or our smartmove assistance, then stop by our dealership near Hamilton. We can also prepare you with other DIY Mercedes-Benz tips, such as how to change the battery in your Mercedes-Benz key fob!