2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE vs. 2018 BMW X5
In the market for a luxury SUV to get around Hamilton with power and style? Consider either the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE or the 2018 BMW X5. In comparison, the GLE:
- Churns out 29 more hp and 54 more lb-ft of torque from its introductory engine
- Offers high-performance powertrains in the form of models like the Mercedes-Benz AMG® GLE S 63
Across the lineup, the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE outperforms the 2018 BMW X5.
- Introductory engine: The GLE offers a 3.0L V6 biturbo engine generates a compelling 329 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque, while the X5’s XX engine manages just 300 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque.
- Top performer: Maximum output on the GLE comes from a handcrafted AMG® 5.5L V8 biturbo engine, rated at 577 hp and 561 lb-ft of torque. The X5 tops out at 445 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque from its TwinPower Turbo eight-cylinder engine.
- Hybrid/electric: The GLE pairs it’s 3.0L V6 biturbo with an 85 kW plug-in hybrid electric motor, good for 436 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque. The X5 offers an electric hybrid setup musters 308 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque.
The Mercedes-Benz GLE model also out performs models like the INFINITI QX80!
Learn More About the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE Utility Features
Get in touch with Mercedes-Benz Burlington to learn more about the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE utility features and what’s involved with the financing process! Still doing research? See how the Mercedes-Benz GLE compares to the Audi Q7 before making a final decision!