Why is My Car Making Weird Noises?
If you’re a Oakville driver wondering, “Why is my car making weird noises?”, Mercedes-Benz Burlington is here to help. Read our overview of the different types of strange car noises and what they usually mean. Then, if you think your vehicle is in need of auto service, explore our service specials and reach out to our Mercedes-Benz service centre in Burlington.
A Glossary of Strange Car Noises
“Why is my car making weird noises,” you ask? Take a moment to explore our overview of what the most common strange car noises mean, and if you need assistance on the streets of Milton, give us a call at 877-353-5557.
- High-pitched sounds: If you hear this when you shut off your engine, it may be time to readjust or replace the belt, or check the radiator pressure cap. A whistling noise from under the hood may indicate vacuum leaks.
- Ticking: If you hear regular ticking when your engine idles, turn the car off and allow it to cool down. Check the oil level or consider a valve adjustment if there is enough oil. A similar sound may be coming from your tires, which may point to tire wear and wheels being off balance.
- Squealing: If there is squealing when you step on the brake, the brake pads may be worn and need replacing, which should be done rather quickly.
- Whining/humming: When you’re going through curves and hear this sound, your wheel bearings may be worn.
- Clunking: Clunking coming from under the vehicle may be a sign of issues with the shock absorbers and suspension system.
In the event the noise leads to a breakdown, you can also call Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance for help!
Schedule Auto Service Near Mississauga
If you’ve read our glossary of strange car noises, and you find yourself still wondering, “Why is my car making weird noises?”, schedule service with Mercedes-Benz of Burlington. We’ll get to the root of your vehicle’s issues affordably, effectively, and efficiently. If you have other questions about car care, take a moment to explore our other service tips for helpful guides on how to clean your leather seats, and more!