Find Out What These Strange Car Noises Mean
What do the strange car noises coming from your vehicle mean? If you’re a Hamilton driver struggling to identify what’s going on with your vehicle, consider these common strange car noises and what they may mean:
- High-pitched sounds: If you hear this when you shut off your engine, it may be time to readjust or replace the belt, or check the radiator pressure cap. A whistling noise from under the hood may indicate vacuum leaks.
- Ticking: If you hear regular ticking when your engine idles, turn the car off and allow it to cool down. Check the oil level or consider a valve adjustment if there is enough oil. A similar sound may be coming from your tires, which may point to tire wear and wheels being off balance.
- Squealing: If there is squealing when you step on the brake, the brake pads may be worn and need replacing, which should be done rather quickly.
- Whining/humming: When you’re going through curves and hear this sound, your wheel bearings may be worn.
- Clunking: Clunking coming from under the vehicle may be a sign of issues with the shock absorbers and suspension system.
Schedule Service with Mercedes-Benz Burlington
Schedule service with Mercedes-Benz Burlington if you’re having trouble determining what the strange car noises you hear are trying to tell you. You’re sure to get a great deal on Mercedes-Benz Service A or Service B at our Service Department, and even on new Mercedes-Benz models!