What Is AMG?
If you’re familiar with the Mercedes-Benz brand, then you’ve likely encountered the high-performance AMG models, like the Mercedes-Benz AMG S 63 or the Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC 43 4MATIC. Learn more about AMG history and AMG models at Mercedes-Benz Burlington, and discover the power of Mercedes-Benz.
What does AMG stand for? Each letter represents one of the creators of the high-performance division: Aufrecht, Melcher, and Großaspach. They set out to create Mercedes-Benz engines for racing, and over the course of 50 years the division has produced top-of-the-line vehicles, with not only coupés and roadsters, but Mercedes-Benz AMG SUVs and sedans as well.
- 1967: The origins of the AMG division emerge with Aufrecht, Melcher, and Großaspach.
- 1980s: The 300 E AMG 5.6 is released, boasting top speeds of 300 km/h and generating 375 lb-ft of torque.
- 1990s: Mercedes-Benz and AMG team up for their first joint development and the first AMG model to be sold in Canada: the Mercedes-Benz C36 AMG.
- 2000s: AMG develops and designs its first series engine, a 6.3L V8.
- 2010s: Mercedes-Benz AMG takes the Formula 1 Constructors’ Championship, thanks to a partially electric powertrain alongside a 1.6L turbocharged V6.
- 2018: the AMG One racecar, named to honor the Formula 1 legacy, is announced and in development, anticipated to be over 1000 hp.
Distinct AMG Features
- Selectable driving modes for optimum performance in all road conditions
- AMG RIDE CONTROL Sport suspension
- AMG high-performance braking system
- Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC all-wheel drive
- Striking twin power domes on the hood
- AMG-inspired cockpit with a racing feel and aluminum shift paddles
- A rear diffuser for better airflow and a sporty look
- Enlarged vents on the AMG Front Apron for more airflow and engine power
- A wide stance and tires for high-performance handling
Which Models Offer AMG?
There is a wide range of performance models to choose from, so you can get the body style and size you want without compromising on performance. AMG-exclusive models and select vehicles that offer AMG versions include:
- Mercedes-Benz Sedans: C-Class (3 options), E-Class (2 options), and S-Class (2 options)
- Mercedes-Benz Wagons: E-Class
- Mercedes-Benz Coupés: C-Class (3 options), CLA, CLS, S-Class (2 options), GT R
- Mercedes-Benz Convertibles & Roadsters: C-Class (3 options), S-Class (2 options), SL (2 options), SLC, GT C
- Mercedes-Benz SUVs: G-Class (2 options), GLA, GLC (2 options), GLE (4 options), GLS
Find a Mercedes-Benz AMG for Sale
New AMG models for sale can be found today when you shop at Mercedes-Benz Burlington near Dundas. Contact us to schedule a test drive, learn the difference between coupes vs. sedans, and experience the thrill of AMG performance!
More From Mercedes-Benz Burlington
If you need a luxury midsize SUV that has the size and features needed to adapt to any situation on the road, look to the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV. Take a look at the Mercedes-Benz GLC dimensions and versatile features below. Then, when you’re ready, explore our GLC inventory at Mercedes-Benz Burlington! Learn MoreGLC Inventory What…
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class is customisable, with numerous safety features and technology options. The C-Class also gives Hamilton drivers the choice between different exterior colour options and a variety of wood trims for the interior. Explore the 2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class colours below! View C-Class InventoryLearn More Mercedes-Benz C-Class Exterior Colours From Black and Polar White…
Looking for a cool, casual restaurant to enjoy with friends or a romantic spot for your next date night? There are many unique places to eat in Burlington; locals around Hamilton many options to choose from! Mercedes-Benz Burlington came up with a list of our four favourite restaurants in Burlington, Ontario below. Contact Us Boon Burger…