What Is AMG?
If you’re familiar with the Mercedes-Benz brand, then you’ve likely encountered the high-performance AMG models, like the Mercedes-Benz AMG S 63 or the Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC 43 4MATIC. Learn more about AMG history and AMG models at Mercedes-Benz Burlington, and discover the power of Mercedes-Benz.
What does AMG stand for? Each letter represents one of the creators of the high-performance division: Aufrecht, Melcher, and Großaspach. They set out to create Mercedes-Benz engines for racing, and over the course of 50 years the division has produced top-of-the-line vehicles, with not only coupés and roadsters, but Mercedes-Benz AMG SUVs and sedans as well.
- 1967: The origins of the AMG division emerge with Aufrecht, Melcher, and Großaspach.
- 1980s: The 300 E AMG 5.6 is released, boasting top speeds of 300 km/h and generating 375 lb-ft of torque.
- 1990s: Mercedes-Benz and AMG team up for their first joint development and the first AMG model to be sold in Canada: the Mercedes-Benz C36 AMG.
- 2000s: AMG develops and designs its first series engine, a 6.3L V8.
- 2010s: Mercedes-Benz AMG takes the Formula 1 Constructors’ Championship, thanks to a partially electric powertrain alongside a 1.6L turbocharged V6.
- 2018: the AMG One racecar, named to honor the Formula 1 legacy, is announced and in development, anticipated to be over 1000 hp.
Distinct AMG Features
- Selectable driving modes for optimum performance in all road conditions
- AMG RIDE CONTROL Sport suspension
- AMG high-performance braking system
- Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC all-wheel drive
- Striking twin power domes on the hood
- AMG-inspired cockpit with a racing feel and aluminum shift paddles
- A rear diffuser for better airflow and a sporty look
- Enlarged vents on the AMG Front Apron for more airflow and engine power
- A wide stance and tires for high-performance handling
Which Models Offer AMG?
There is a wide range of performance models to choose from, so you can get the body style and size you want without compromising on performance. AMG-exclusive models and select vehicles that offer AMG versions include:
- Mercedes-Benz Sedans: C-Class (3 options), E-Class (2 options), and S-Class (2 options)
- Mercedes-Benz Wagons: E-Class
- Mercedes-Benz Coupés: C-Class (3 options), CLA, CLS, S-Class (2 options), GT R
- Mercedes-Benz Convertibles & Roadsters: C-Class (3 options), S-Class (2 options), SL (2 options), SLC, GT C
- Mercedes-Benz SUVs: G-Class (2 options), GLA, GLC (2 options), GLE (4 options), GLS
Find a Mercedes-Benz AMG for Sale
More From Mercedes-Benz Burlington
Looking for a cool, casual restaurant to enjoy with friends or a romantic spot for your next date night? There are many unique places to eat in Burlington; locals around Hamilton many options to choose from! Mercedes-Benz Burlington came up with a list of our four favourite restaurants in Burlington, Ontario below. Contact Us Boon Burger…
Electric cars are starting to become more popular in the auto industry, and there’s no surprise as to why. Driving an electric car gives Hamilton drivers many advantages, including being a more eco-friendly option than gas or diesel alternatives. Read on to learn more about the benefits of electric cars! Contact Us New Vehicle Specials…
Whether you just purchased a used car with a heavy smoke smell in Ancaster or you yourself smoke in Hamilton and want to know how to get cigarette smell out of a car, Mercedes-Benz Burlington has some simple solutions. Check out our guide to eliminating tobacco odours from your vehicle, and contact us if you have…