What Is AMG?
If you’re familiar with the Mercedes-Benz brand, then you’ve likely encountered the high-performance AMG models, like the Mercedes-Benz AMG S 63 or the Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC 43 4MATIC. Learn more about AMG history and AMG models at Mercedes-Benz Burlington, and discover the power of Mercedes-Benz.
What does AMG stand for? Each letter represents one of the creators of the high-performance division: Aufrecht, Melcher, and Großaspach. They set out to create Mercedes-Benz engines for racing, and over the course of 50 years the division has produced top-of-the-line vehicles, with not only coupés and roadsters, but Mercedes-Benz AMG SUVs and sedans as well.
- 1967: The origins of the AMG division emerge with Aufrecht, Melcher, and Großaspach.
- 1980s: The 300 E AMG 5.6 is released, boasting top speeds of 300 km/h and generating 375 lb-ft of torque.
- 1990s: Mercedes-Benz and AMG team up for their first joint development and the first AMG model to be sold in Canada: the Mercedes-Benz C36 AMG.
- 2000s: AMG develops and designs its first series engine, a 6.3L V8.
- 2010s: Mercedes-Benz AMG takes the Formula 1 Constructors’ Championship, thanks to a partially electric powertrain alongside a 1.6L turbocharged V6.
- 2018: the AMG One racecar, named to honor the Formula 1 legacy, is announced and in development, anticipated to be over 1000 hp.
Distinct AMG Features
- Selectable driving modes for optimum performance in all road conditions
- AMG RIDE CONTROL Sport suspension
- AMG high-performance braking system
- Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC all-wheel drive
- Striking twin power domes on the hood
- AMG-inspired cockpit with a racing feel and aluminum shift paddles
- A rear diffuser for better airflow and a sporty look
- Enlarged vents on the AMG Front Apron for more airflow and engine power
- A wide stance and tires for high-performance handling
Which Models Offer AMG?
There is a wide range of performance models to choose from, so you can get the body style and size you want without compromising on performance. AMG-exclusive models and select vehicles that offer AMG versions include:
- Mercedes-Benz Sedans: C-Class (3 options), E-Class (2 options), and S-Class (2 options)
- Mercedes-Benz Wagons: E-Class
- Mercedes-Benz Coupés: C-Class (3 options), CLA, CLS, S-Class (2 options), GT R
- Mercedes-Benz Convertibles & Roadsters: C-Class (3 options), S-Class (2 options), SL (2 options), SLC, GT C
- Mercedes-Benz SUVs: G-Class (2 options), GLA, GLC (2 options), GLE (4 options), GLS
Find a Mercedes-Benz AMG for Sale
New AMG models for sale can be found today when you shop at Mercedes-Benz Burlington near Mississauga. Contact us to schedule a test drive, learn the difference between coupes vs. sedans, and experience the thrill of AMG performance!
More From Mercedes-Benz Burlington
Some might say that “affordable luxury” is a contradiction in terms. The Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 coupe begs to differ. The GLC 300 price for both the coupe and SUV puts these vehicles well within reach of many Burlington drivers. Read the price points below. Contact Us Apply for Financing Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 Coupe and SUV…
Looking for a luxury sedan that doesn’t cut corners with performance specs? The 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class updates an acclaimed sedan from Mercedes-Benz. One of the best reasons to try this car out in Burlington is its luxurious interior, an inviting cabin with upscale features tucked into every corner. Mercedes-Benz Burlington has information on the 2021 Mercedes-Benz…
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE has been recently updated, offering extra space for Burlington drivers, as well as the latest technology perks that Mercedes-Benz is so well-known for. Mercedes-Benz Burlington digs deep into the amenities and design enhancements that put this luxury SUV at the top of so many wish lists below! View New GLE Inventory Contact…